Thursday, July 12, 2007

Crochet in Kansas City

I am not very domestic. Meaning: I can't really cook all that well (save my meatloaf and grilled chicken). I don't sew. I'm kinda clean, but not really. I'm sure that you get the point. How great would it be though, to learn how to crochet! Kansas City can get kinda cold in the winters and new clothes are expensive, so why not make your own?

Communiversity's upcoming "Learn to Crochet" class could help you do just that. Here are the pertinent details. Call 813-235-1448 or log onto www.umkc.edu/commu to register.


Learn to Crochet

Cozy up with a crochet hook and some yarn and learn all the basic stitches: chain, single, double and treble. From there you can make afghans, scarves, hats, dresses, baby clothes, purses, decorations, boxes, or whatever you can imagine. Bring your own supplies or buy them at class. Nirmal has been crocheting ever since her grandmother taught her how at the age of seven.Convener: Nirmal Kaur Khalsa Class Fee: $14

No comments: